Ruchika Wason Singh
Nata nel 1974
Data inserimento W.A.D. 10/2021
I am a visual artist, art educator and independent researcher based in Delhi,India. I completed B.F.A. (1997) and M.F.A.(1999) with specialisation in painting from College of Art, New Delhi.I have widely exhibited in solo and group exhibitions in South Asia, South – East Asia, East Asia and Europe; and have also participated in international artist residency programs in Sri Lanka and Vietnam. My work primarily focuses on human habitation and environment and I specialise in using different handmade papers such as xuan, washi, Hanji and dzo to create works in sumi-e ink.
I received doctoral degree from the University of Delhi in 2008. My research on the sociological perspectives in Indian colonial and post-colonial art ,was supported by the prestigious Junior Research Fellowship from University Grants Commission, Government of India (2001-2006).
In 2016 , pursuing my interest in maternal research ,I initiated A.M.M.A.A.- The Archive for Mapping Mother Artists in Asia. The project facilitates the mapping, visibility and mobility of Asian mother artists and those of the Asian diaspora. I am also involved in organising alternative art activities at Critical Dialogues Art Space, Delhi. As an art educator taught at at College of Art, New Delhi as Visiting Faculty (2000-2010), Lecturer (2010-2011) and Associate Professor (2012-2017). I have also been a Visiting Faculty at Ashoka University, Sonipat, India (2019 & 2020).
I enjoy writing on art and have contributed to Artnow Pakistan, Demeter Press (Canada), Routledge (U.K.), Lalit Kala Contemporary and Indian Creative Minds amongst others. My Membership affiliations include Member, Governing Council, Sahitya Kala Parishad, New Delhi,India (2021-23); Member, Advisory Circle, Maternal and Performance Research Project,U.K.and External Member, CORTH, University of Sussex, U.K.
Ruchika Wason Singh is a visual artist, art educator and independent researcher based in
Delhi,India. She was born in Delhi on 10.5.1974.
Pursuing her creative interests she completed B.F.A. (Painting) in 1997 and M.F.A. (Painting)
in 1999 from College of Art, New Delhi. In 2001 she undertook doctoral research at University
of Delhi This research was supported by the Junior Research Fellowship (2001-2006)
from University Grants Commission, New Delhi. Following this she received Ph.D. in 2008.
- 2020-2021 -Certificate Course- Japanese Books :From Manuscript to Print, under
Professor Melissa McCormick, Harvard University, U.S.
- 2000-2011- Visiting Faculty, College of Art, New Delhi
- 2012-2017- Associate Professor, Dept. of Painting, College of Art, New Delhi
- 2019, 2020- Visiting Faculty, Ashoka University, Sonipat.
- 2019 Balagan in Metamorphosis & Other Stories, curated by Manuela De
Leonardis, Shridharani Gallery, New Delhi, India.
- 2017 Project Habit/ At, Huong Ngo Art Space, Hanoi, Vietnam, organisedcurated
by Nguyen, Anh Tuan
- 2007 Transit Spaces, Lalit Kala Akademi, New Delhi, India.
- 2002 Yesterday Once More, Triveni Gallery, New Delhi, India.
International Exhibitions / Events
- 2020 Paper Jam , Künstlerhaus FRISE, Hamberg, Germany (conceptualised by
Nana Kintz and Christian F. Kintz)
- 2020 Mask Art- Creativity under lockdown (part of UNESCO RESILIART
DEBATE – Artists and Creativity beyond Crisis & MEADOWS
- 2019 19th International Art Exchange Exhibition, National Art Center,
- 2019 Brief Parables of Dystopia, Curators Sumita Chauhan & Neha Tickoo,
Gallery Onkaf at MOMus – Museum of Contemporary Art, Thessaloniki,
- 2019 The Summer Showcase 2019, The British Academy , London, U.K.
- 2019 Open Books- Chinese Folding Books and Works on Paper, Art Central
Gallery, Barry, Wales,U.K.
- 2019 Book Presentation of The Blood of Women-Traces of Red on White Cloth,
Curated by Manuela De Leonardis, Mediateca Regionale Pugliese (Bari) ;
Macro Museum ; Villa Pignatelli (Naples); MACRO- Museo di Arte
Contemporanea Roma(Rome) , Italy.
- 2018 Group Exhibition, Salon Des Beaux Arts, Carrousel du Louvre ,Paris,
- 2018 Oh Mother by Spilt Milk Gallery, Custom House Leith, Edinburgh, U.K.
- 2018 ‘Exhibition-Exchange Workshop’ Exhibition, Hanoi, Vietnam.
- 2018 The Blood of Women- Traces of Red on White Cloth, Curated by
Manuela de Leonardis, Dept. of Radiation Oncology, Hospital SS.
ANNUNZIATA in CHIETI, Italy, April-May, 2018.
- 2018 1st Korat Internatioanl Art WorkshopExhibition, Nakhon Ratchasima, Thailand.
- 2018 13th International Art Workshop Exhibition , Poh Chang Gallery, Bangkok,
- 2018 The Blood of Women- Traces of Red on White Cloth, Curated by
Manuela de Leonardis, Palazzo Fibbioni- Comune dell’Aquila,
- 2017 Utopia Land , The Heritage Space Gallery, Hanoi , Vietnam. (Curated by
Nguyen Anh Tuan, Tran Trong Vu & Vuhuythong Vu).
- 2017 International Art Switch Exhibition, Jogja Gallery, Yogyakarta, Indonesia.
- 2017 The Blood of Women- Traces of Red on White Cloth, Curated by
Manuela de Leonardis, Galerija Forum, Zagreb, Croatia & Galerija Rigo,
Novigrad, Cittanova, Croatia and Monastero di San Benedetto, Conversano
- 2017 12th International Art Workshop Exhibition , Poh Chang Gallery, Bangkok,
- 2017 Open Books – Artists and The Chinese Folding Book ( part of The Open
Books Touring Exhibition) , Co-ordinated by Richard Cox and Sue Hunt,
Rajasthan Lalit Kala Akademi and Ravindra Manch Gallery, Jaipur, India.
- 2016 The 8th Exhibition of Asian Arts, Soka Gakkai Malaysia (SGM) Wisma
Kebudayaan , Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- 2016 The Blood of Women- Traces of Red on White Cloth, Curated by Manuela de
Leonardis and Rosella Alessandrucci, Teatro del Stabile, Isola del Liri, Italy.
- 2016 Prescriptions : artists’ books on well-being and medicine
Co- curated by Dr. Stella Bolaki & Egidija Ciricaite,
Beaney House of Art & Knowledge, Canterbury, Kent, U.K.
- 2016 Nouruz Juried Exhibition, Eti Museum of Archaelology, Eskiseheir, Turkey.
- 2016 15th International Painting & Calligraphy Exchange Exhibition, Citizen’s
Gallery No. 1, Tokyo Metropolitan Art Museum, Tokyo, Japan
- 2014 Haiyan International Fundraising Art Exhibition, Gallery Duemila, Pasay
- 2013 Art Exhibition of the 1st Changzhou International Art Festival & Art Workshop,
Hua Xia Baosheng Park Art Museum, Changzhou, China.
- 2013 9th International Visual Arts Exhibition, Poh-Chang Art Gallery, Poh –Chang
Academy of Art, Bangkok, Thailand.
- 2012 Stories of Small Things, 1 Shanthiroad, Bangalore, India.
- 2011 Nine Artists-Women Artists’Colloqium Exhibition, Red Dot Gallery,
Theertha International Artists Collective, Sri Lanka.
- 2010 2nd International Biennial of Contemporary Art of Sabbioneta, Palazzo
Ducale, Sabbioneta, Italy.
- 2009 Permanent Exhibition at the Asian Sculpture Theme Park, Ordos, Inner
Mongolia Autonomous Region, China.
- 2009 “The Tainted Gaze”(A Public Art Project) for Urban Jealousy -1st Roaming
Biennial of Tehran, (Belgrade Station), Magacin MKM, Kraljevica Marka 4
& 8, Belgrade, Serbia.
- 2008 Art Action 08- Drawings –Mauritius-India-Bangladesh-Iran-Croatia,
Malcolm de Chazal Gallery, Curepipe, Mauritius.
- 2008 3rdBeijing International Art Biennale, Beijing, China
- 2007 International Painters’Residency Exhibition, Red Dot Gallery, Pita Kotte,
- 2003 2nd Biennial Exhibition of Islamic World Painting, Tehran Museum of
Contemporary Art, Iran.
- 2001-2002 Shanti-Sadhana-Sunyata–Contemporary Indian Art, Wilhelm Lehmbruck
Museum, Duisburg, aorta kultur e.v., Duisburg,BBK Kunstforum,
International Artist Residencies and Travel Grant
- 2017 Month of Arts Practice (MAP Artist Residency Programme), The Heritage
Space, Hanoi, Vietnam.
- 2008 Arts Network Asia Travel Grant (to attend the Opening ceremony and
Symposium of the 3rd Beijing International Art Biennale,China as a
- 2007 International Painters’Residency, Theertha International Artists’ Collective,
Pitta Kotte, Sri Lanka.
Participations in Selected Group and Curated Exhibitions in India
- 2018 Written on Water , curated by Sanjeev Sonpimpare, Gallery Beyond,
- 2017 Next , curated by Anoop Kamath , White Walls Art Gallery, Kochi, Kerala.
- 2016 Art Marathon, VAG Forum, Venkatappa Art Gallery, Bangalore, India.
- 2016 VAMA –Women Artist from Delhi, AIFACS, New Delhi, organised by
Sahitya Kala Parishad, New Delhi.
- 2015 Clipboard, curated by Shijo Jacob, Durbar hall Art Centre, Kochi, Kerala,
- 2014 Art Teachers’Exhibition , M. F. Hussain Gallery, Fine Art Department,
Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi
- 2013 Own An Original, Gallery Art And Aesthetic, New Delhi.
- 2011 Multi-Media WorkshopExhibition, Lalit Kala Akademi Regional Centre,
- 2010 My Story, NIV Art Centre, New Delhi.
- 2010 arts.i Redux, Religare Art, New Delhi.
- 2007-2009 Annual Art Exhibition (Invitee Section), Birla Academy of Art & Culture,
- 2008 50th National Exhibition of Art, Chandigarh Museum, Chandigarh.
- 2008 The Exhibition of Similarities and Differences (organised by Korea-India Art
Exchange Exhibition Committee), Lalit Kala Akademi, New Delhi
- 2007 Ernesto (Paintings on Che), curated by Suneet Chopra, in collaboration with
the Embassy of Republic of Cuba, Travancore Art Gallery, New Delhi
- 2004, 2006 AIFACS All India Exhibition, AIFACS, New Delhi
- 2005 Prof. Jai Zharotia –a journey within and beyond, Lalit Kala Akademi, New
- 2005 Hiroshima, not again, curated by Suneet Chopra, Arpana Gallery, New
- 2005 Lines & Colours from Rajdhani, curated by Dr.Archana Roy, Birla
Academy of Art & Culture, Kolkatta
- 2005 People in Progress, curated by Suneet Chopra, Arpana. Gallery, New Delhi
- 2005 Get Together, Anniversary show, Delhi Silpi Chakra, New Delhi.
- 2003 Six Artists, Shridharini Gallery, New Delhi.
- 2003 Yuva Mahotsav, Sahitya Kala Parishad, New Delhi.
- 2002 H.K. Kejriwal Young Artists’Award Exhibition, Karnataka Chitrakala
- 2001 …and buddha smiled again, Intach, New Delhi.
- 1999 Resonance 1 organised by Masters’Guild, Rabindra Bhawan, New Delhi.
- 1998 41st National Exhibition of Art, Lalit Kala Akademi, New Delhi.
- 1997 Kala Mela, Sahitya Kala Parishad, New Delhi.
- 1996 Print Making Workshop Exhibition, with German artist Brigitta Volz, Max
Mueller Bhawan, New Delhi.
- 1996 8t All India Art Exhibition, Lucknow State Lalit Kala Akademi, Lucknow,
Selected Participations in Seminars /Artist Camps/Workshops / Slide Presentations in
- 2019 150 Years- Gandhi Artist Camp, Lalit Kala Akademi, New Delhi.
- 2015 Junior Artists’ Camp, AIFACS, New Delhi.
- 2011 Slide Presentation at Lalit Kala Akedemi Regional Centre, Lucknow.
Multi Media Workshop, Lalit Kala Akademi Regional Centre, Lucknow.
- 2009 Paper Presenter at the Seminar Cuban Arts & Revolution, India International
Centre, New Delhi
- 2009 Kala Utsav, Sahitya Kala Parishad, New Delhi.
- 2009 All India Young Artists Camp, AIFACS, New Delhi.
- 2008 All India Young Artists Camp, Rai Foundation, New Delhi.
- 2008 Regional Graphics Camp, 3rd Garhi Art Festival, Lalit Kala Akademi
Regional Centre, New Delhi.
- 2006 Sahitya Kala Parishad Young Artists’Camp, Sahitya Kala Parishad, N.
- 2006 Painting Workshop, Department of Fine Arts, Punjabi University, Patiala,
- 2001 Drawing Workshop by Belgian artist Veronique Boseret, Alliance Francaise,
- 1996 Wood Cut Workshop, by German printmaker Brigitta Volz, College of Art,
- 1995 Collage and Paper Making Workshop by British artist Richard Cox, College
of Art, New Delhi.
Participations in International Symposiums /Artist Camps/Art Projects/Art Festivals/
Slide Presentations/ Conferences/ Workshops.
- 2021 Panelist, “Stopping the Fucking Wheel” by Desperate Artwives at The Missing
Mother Conference, University of Bolton School of Arts and Creative
- 2020 Paper titled “Crafting Spaces- Motherhood and The Engendered Dialogues of
Creativity”, presented at ENGAGE: Performance and the Maternal (Artist
Forum), a series of online forums University of South Wales -Edge Hill
- 2019 ‘Between the Self and the Social – Designing the Feminist Space for Mother
Artists’, School of Design, Ambedkar University, Delhi, India.
- 2019 Presentation ‘Spaces, Images and Voices: Indian Contemporary Art Today’,
at Tra Travel/ Osaka Art Hub, Osaka, Japan.
- 2018 Exhibition-Exchange Workshop, Ninh Binh Province, Hanoi, Vietnam.
(organised by Ministry of Culture of Vietnam).
- 2017 MAP Talk 2- The Open Interfaces , The Heritage Space, Hanoi, Vietnam.
- 2016 11th International Visual Arts Workshop & Exhibition, Poh-Chang Art
Gallery, Poh-Chang Academy of Art, Bangkok, Thailand.
- 2015 Paper Presentation “Of Transit Spaces and Beyond: The Narrative of
Maternal Embodiment and Motherhood in my art” in ‘Time, Temporalities
and the Emotional Geographies of Being/Becoming a Mother’ .
5th International and Interdisciplinary Conference on Emotional
Geographies, University of Edinburgh, U.K.
- 2015 Paper Presentation “Presenting the Absent: Representation of Memory,
Embodiment and Motherhood” at the conference Maternal Subjectivities:
Psychology/ Psychoanalysis, Literature , Culture and the Arts,
Casa Internazionale delle donne Via della, Rome , Italy. Organized by
MIRCI and Demeter Press.
- 2015 10th International Arts Workshop & Art Festival, Poh –Chang Academy of
Art, Bangkok, Thailand.
- 2015 Slide Presentation of works at 10th International Arts Workshop & Art
Festival, Poh –Chang Academy of Art, Bangkok, Thailand.
- 2014 ASEAN Art Festival & Art Workshop, Wang Klai Kangwon Campus,
- 2014 Paper Presentation “Self as Resource: Art Making through the Prism of a
Gendered Life”at the International Symposium Writing Women’s Lives:
Auto/ Biography, Life Narratives, Myths and Historiography, at Yeditepe
University, co-organized by WLICF, Istanbul, Turkey.
- 2014 International Plain Notebook Project, Curated by Guy Morag Tzepelewitz,
- 2014 Inclusion of Artist’s Page in the Slide Presentation of TFAP at CAA,
Columbia College , Chicago by Co-ordinators, curators Jennie Klein &
- 2013 1st Changzhou China Art Workshop & Festival, Hua Xia Baosheng Park,
- 2013 9th International Art Festival and Art Workshop, Thailand 2013,
Rajamangala University of Technology Rattanakosin, Poh-Chang Campus,
- 2013 Slide Presentation at Poh-Chang Academy. Bangkok, Thailand.
- 2012 International Conference on Indian Art Forms, IKSVV, Khairagarh,
- 2011 Experiences: Asian Women in Global Culture, Book-Project of the Incheon
Women Artists’Biennale, Incheon, Korea.
- 2010/11 Fire Flies Art Project, Sri Lanka
- 2011 Project Weddings, Visiting Arts, U.K.
- 2009 Sculpture Camp of the 11th Asia Art Festival, Beijing Yidongyuan Sculpture
Production Center, Beijing, China
- 2009 11th Asia Arts Festival, Ordos, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region., China
- 2009 Paper Presenter at the Symposium Conversation In Platform, Dept. of
Sculpture, Academy of Art & Design, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China.
- 2009 Slide Presentation at Dept. of Sculpture, Academy of Art & Design,
Tsinghua University, Beijing, China.
- 2008 Slide Presentation at Faculty of Visual Arts, University of the Visual and
Performing Arts, Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- 2008 Paper Presenter at the Seminar of the 13th Asian Art Biennale, Dhaka,
- 2007 Slide Presentation at Red Dot Gallery, Pita Kotte, Sri Lanka.
Recent Press Coverage
- 2020 ‘Aesthetics of Personal Excess in Public Chaos” , Solo exhibition review by
Nishant, Indian Contemporary Art Journal, Vol . 24, 2020 (pp. 40-41)
- 2019 ‘Irresistible Residue: Ruchika Wason Singh creates environmental consciousness
through Chinese paper’ , solo exhibition review, Madhur Tankha,
The Hindu, Sep.6, 2019.
- 2019 Interview “Composing a Narrative Through Ink: Balagan in Metamorphosis
& Other Stories” Art & Deal, Issue 131, Vol. 15, No. 98, August 2019
References / Citations of Art Works
- 2019 The Blood of Women- Traces of Red on White Cloth, Curated by Manuela de
Leonardis (Italy: Postmedia Books, 2019) ISBN 9788874902279 pp. 56
- 2018 Exhibition Review of Written on Water (Gallery Beyond, Mumbai),
Indian Contemporary Art Journal, Vol. 21, 2018. (pgs. 64-67)
- 2018 Month of Art Practice 2017 Catalogue (Vietnam,2018)
- 2017 Bolaki .S & Ciricaite, E eds. , Prescriptions : artist’ books on medicine and
well being. (U.K.: Natrix Natrix Press, 2017.)
[ISBN 978-0-9926244-3-9] pp. 88
- 2016 Intimate and Cathartic is the Constellation of Cancer, Egidija Ciricaite,
- 2016 Prescriptions , Sasha Andrews, Art Now Pakistan (June2016)
- 2016 The Blood of Women- Traces of Red on White Cloth, Arianna di Genova,
Art Now Pakistan (May, 2016)
- 2011 Indian Literature, Sahitya Akademi, New Delhi. Nov-Dec, 2011.Vol. LV, No.
6.; [ISSN 0019580-4] pp. 168
- 2011 Nine Artists-Women Artists’Colloqium Exhibition 2010/2011, Lalith
Manage, Exhibition Catalogue Nine Artists-Women Artists’Colloqium
Exhibition, Theerrtha International Artists’Collective. Pita Kotte Sri Lanka.
- 2009 Bronze Age Ancestors, Grassland Scions. Vol. 2, The Asia Sculpture Park;
Jiuzhou Press, Beijing, China. [ISBN 978-7-5108-0141-9] pp.52,53 &
- 2008 The Album of the Third Beijing International Art Biennale, People’s Fine
Arts Publishing House, Beijing, China.[ISBN 978-7-102-04269-5] pp.
- 2008 Art Asia Pacific Almanac 2008 Vol. 3. Art Asia Publishing, New York,
[ISSN 1558-8904] pp. 259
- 2007 Language of Unchartered Territories, Krishnan Unni P., Solo Exhibition
Catalogue “Transit Spaces”.
- 2003 Mirror of Sight 2nd Biennial; Exhibition of Islamic World Paintings, The
Iranian Academy of Art. Tehran, Iran.[ ISBN 964-422-493-0 ] pp. 204-205
- 2002 Yesterday Once More, Sanhita Gupta Bhowal, Solo Exhibition Catalogue,
“Yesterday Once More”.
- 2001-2002 India: Fire Sense Earth, Contemporary Indian Art, Vol. IV .H. G. Schero
A-ort-A-Project, Germany. [ISBN 3-925684-14-xVerlag] pp. 98-99.
Awards & Fellowships
- 2006 Aifacs, All India Art Exhibition Award, New Delhi
- 2001-2006 Junior Research Fellowship, University Grants Commission, New Delhi
- 2003 Yuva Mahotsav Award, Sahitya Kala Parishad, New Delhi.
- 2001 H.K. Kejriwal Award, Karnataka Chitrakala Parishath, Bangalore.
- 1995-1999 Merit Scholarship, College of Art, New Delhi.
- 1999 M.F. Hussain Award, College of Art, New Delhi.
- 1997 Biswanath Mukherjee Award, College of Art, New Delhi. Film From Being to Becoming- The Making of an Artist Mother, 2016. https://
- 2021———Woman Up ! Podcast Series- Series 3, Episode 3- Ruchika Wason Singh
Art Workshops Conducted
- 2017- Conducted community workshop on emotive expression with women and
children at HAGAR International, Hanoi, Vietnam.
- 2015 – Conducted art workshop and curated Aesthetic Imagination at South Asian
University, New Delhi.
- 2014- Seminar and Workshop Contemporary Indian Art at Dept. of Painting,
Faculty of Fine Arts, Anadolu University, Eskisehir, Turkey.
• Member, Governing Council, Sahitya Kala Parishad, New Delhi (2021-23)
• External Member, CORTH- Centre for Cultures of Reproduction, Technologies and Health,
University of Sussex, U.K.
• Member, Advisory Circle, Performance and the Maternal research project by Emily
Underwood-Lee and Lena Simic, U.K.
Records of Works in Archives
• Asia Art Archive, Hong Kong
• Mary M. Schapiro Archives, Rutgers University, New Jersey.
• Library Archives, University of the Visual and Performing Arts, Colombo, Sri Lanka.
• Theertha Digital Archive, Pita Kotte, Sri Lanka.
• Lalit Kala Akademi Regional Centre Archive, Lucknow, India.
• Artist Parent Index
• Government of Nakhon Ratchasima, Thailand.
• Ministry of Culture, Vietnam.
• Australindo Graha Nusa, Indonesia.
• Special Collections & Archives , University of Kent, U.K.
• South Asian University, New Delhi, India.
• Hua Xia Baosheng Park Museum, Changzhou, China.
• Municipal Government of Ordos, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, P.R. of China.
• Beijing Yi Dongyuan Art Museum, Beijing, China.
• Lalit Kala Akademi Regional Centre, Lucknow, India.
• Lalit Kala Akademi, New Delhi, India.
• Department of Fine Arts, Punjabi University, Patiala, Punjab, India.
• Uni Style Image, New Delhi, India.
• Titan, Bangalore, India.
• AIFACS, New Delhi, India.
• Sahitya Kala Parishad, New Delhi, India.
• College of Art, New Delhi, India.
• Rai Foundation, New Delhi, India.
• Government of Republic of Cuba.
• Poh-Chang Academy of Arts, Bangkok, Thailand.
• Private collection in Philippines.
Links to selected Art Project Publications
• Open Books, A Project on Chinese Folding Books by Mary Husted
• Prescriptions, Curated by Dr. Stella Bolaki & Egidija Ciricaite
• https://issuu.com/prescriptions/docs/prescriptions_catalogue_sm/23 (pages 166-167)
• Utopia Land , Month of Art Practice (MAP) 2017, Curated by Tran Trong Vu,
Nguyen, Anh-Tuan & Vuhuythong Vu
(pages 47-49, 61)
• The Blood of Women- Traces of Red on White Cloth , Curated by Manuela de
• https://issuu.com/gianniromano2/docs/sanguedelledonnesampissue (page 56)
• Experiences: Asian Women in Global Culture, Book Project of 2011 Incheon Women
Artists’ Biennale by Eunhee Yang
• http://www.bookarts.uwe.ac.uk/pdf/newspdfs/105_2.pdf (pp 7)
• https://issuu.com/prescriptions/docs/prescriptions_catalogue_sm (pp 167)
Writings / Publications
2019 Chapter contribution in Elena Marchevska and Valerie Walkerdine (eds)
‘Maternal Structures in Art: Intergenerational Discussions on Motherhood
and Creative Work (U.K.: Routledge, 2019)
2019 The Floating Map: Walking through Memory, limited edition book of map
drawings with a note by Manuela De Leonardis.
2019 Chapter contribution in Rachel Epp Buller and Charles Reeve (eds)
Inappropriate Bodies- Art , Design and Maternity (Canada: Demeter Press
2018 ‘The Temporality of Maternal Embodiment and the Creative Process- Project
Transit Spaces;. in Jen Rinaldi & Alys Enion (eds) Bearing the Weight of
the World: Exploring Maternal Embodiment. (Canada: Demeter Press, 2018)
2017 “The Book as a Work of Art- Ruminations into the Creative Process of The
Cancer Diary -I”, Creative Arts Journal, Poh-Chang Academy of Art,
2016 ‘Project Home In/ Out (2010) ‘, The Mother Magazine, Issue 73, Spring
2015 Book Review “Washi :the art of Japanese Paper”, Nancy Broadbent
Casserley, Kew Books, London, in Visual Studies, 2015. [ISSN-1472-586X]
2011 Writing on my life and art in Yang, Eunhee ed. Experiences: Asian Women
in Global Culture, “Dialogues …,..”,Incheon Women Artists’Biennale
Organizing Committee, S. Korea.[ISBN:978-89-90196-35-4] pp.111-115 &136..